Dec 11, 2013

Hey Mr. Stegman, I'm a big fan of your work and I just want your opinion. I hope to be a comic artist someday and I'm drawing constantly. I carry a sketchbook with me everywhere I go. My problem is that my grades are dropping, and my teachers are telling my parents that the problem is that I am sketching under the desk more than paying attention in class. Should I keep focusing on the work that really means something to me, or try to do well in high school to get into art college?

To be honest I think you should be able to maintain your grades and practice drawing on the side. It’s going to be the same way when you start trying to make it in comics. You will have to have a job and draw on the side because you most likely won’t be making much money for a while as you hone your craft.






via Tumblr http://ryanstegman.tumblr.com/post/69743648893

No comments:

Post a Comment